Black Box Gigabit Ethernet Switch - Web Smart Eco Fanless, 18-Port
- Includes two SFP ports for fiber 100/1000Mbps Ethernet uplinks with an SFP Optical Transceiver.
- Go green and reduce energy costs. Supports the IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet standard.
- Web smart features provide easier manageability, security, QoS, and performance.
- Provides enhanced QoS support for real-time applications.
- It's fanless so it reduces noise, moving parts, and the chance for failure.
- It reduces power consumption by turning off ports not in use.
- Port mirroring enables you to isolate network errors without disrupting data flow.
- Port- and tag-based VLAN.
- Ports autosense for speed and autonegotiate for duplex.
- Supports loop detection for maintenance.
Looking to grow your office network the smart way? The Eco Fanless Gigabit Smart Switch enables you to connect to up to 18 Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, or Ethernet devices. You can populate two switch ports with the optional Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) Optical Transceivers and connect to fiber-based Gigabit Ethernet. The switch offers the versatility you need in growing your network the green way. And it offers browser-based management capability plus Quality of Service (QoS), port mirroring, and tag- and port-baed VLAN.
The switch has the easy-to-use management capabilities network administrators need. Simply access a switch via your Web browser and log on to monitor, configure, and control each port's activity. It also supports SNMP V1/V2c. In addition, the switch supports Quality of Service (QoS), port mirroring, and tag- and port-based VLAN.
Put some fiber in your data diet.
The last two ports (17, 18) give you the option to connect to fiber-based Gigabit Ethernet. Add one of our Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) Optical Transceivers (sold separately) for short-, medium-, or long-distance fiber optic connections. The transceivers are hot-swappable and available in multimode and single-mode versions.
Keeping it real time.
This switch not only supports Layer 2 802.1p Priority Queue control, but it also provides enhanced QoS support for real-time applications like Voice over IP (VoIP). And it supports Layer 4 TCP/UDP port and ToS classification.
Mirror, mirror on the port.
Port mirroring copies traffic from one specific port to a second target port. This mechanism enables you to track network errors or abnormal packet transmissions without interrupting the flow of data. All ports on the switch are capable of port mirroring.
The traffic report.
You can use VLAN to isolate traffic between different users and thus provide better security. Plus VLAN enables you to confine the broadcast traffic to the same VLAN broadcast domain to boost network performance. IGMP V1/V2 snooping limits bandwidth-intensive multicast traffic to only the requesters.
Life in the fast lane.
The switch enables you to combine ports to create a multilink, load-sharing trunk. Port trunks are useful for switch-to-switch cascading, which provides very fast, full-duplex speeds for high-volume communications. All ports are autosensing for speed and autonegotiating for duplex. The switch's Auto MDI/MDI-X feature means you never need a crossover cable. Furthermore, the switch supports IEEE 802.x flow control for full-duplex mode and collision-based backpressure for half-duplex mode.
- Provides (16) 10/100/1000 Gigabit UTP ports, plus (2) SFP ports that support 100/1000Mbps fiber speeds
- Management interfaces include HTTP/HTTPs, SNMP, Telnet, SSH
- Configurable QoS parameters for prioritizing and managing traffic
- 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet saves on power costs