Black Box Ethernet Extender - Unmanaged, 2-Port
- Works in long-range mode to extend the link up to 10,000 feet (3 km) at up to 4 Mbps downstream and 263 kbps upstream speeds.
- Runs in asymmetric high-speed mode to enable 168 Mbps downstream and 95 Mbps upstream speeds at a distance of 250 ft. (76 m).
- Operates in symmetric high-speed mode to give you 121 Mbps downstream and 144 Mbps upstream speeds at a distance of 250 ft. (76 m).
- Two 10/100BASE-TX ports.
- Features autosensing 10/100BASE-T operation.
- Supports full- and half-duplex operation.
- Provides transparent bridging and passes 802.1Q (VLAN) packets.
- Ideal for always-on Internet access, real-time bidirectional video streaming, and various multimedia applications.
- Sold in pairs-use one as a local line driver and one as a remote line driver.
Made in the U.S.A.
Extend Ethernet at high speeds over existing copper wire with the Black Box® brand Multi-Rate Ethernet Extender.
Using discrete multi-tone (DMT) line modulation, the extender provides high-speed Ethernet services between LANs or other network-enabled devices over a single twisted-pair cable. You receive two boxes: One is configured as the local line driver, the other as the remote line driver.
This variable-rate standalone line driver enables you to select various asymmetrical and symmetrical rates to satisfy a broad range of applications. Typical uses in symmetrical mode include videoconferencing, interactive video, and telecommuting. Asymmetrical mode is used primarily for delivering Internet service.
The extender operates over the twisted-pair phone cable you already have installed, so you don't have to recable with CAT5e or fiber cable.
The driver is easy to install, too. Simply plug and play, and use the handy DIP switches to select mode and speed.
The extender must be used in pairs and requires one unit for the local site and one unit for the remote site for proper operation. Both units are included.
- Extends 10/100BASE-TX Ethernet well beyond its 328-foot (100 m) limit over CAT5e/6/7 cable.
- Uses a single inexpensive 2-wire, 24 AWG twisted-pair cable instead of expensive fiber cable.
- The low-cost solution for campus network expansions and delivering last-mile Ethernet.
- 1 x Local Unit
- 1 x Remote Unit
- 2 x Power Supplies with (2) Power Clips (U.S. and EU)
- Black Box Corporation
- Cable Extenders
- Connectors/Adapters/ Extenders
- Limited Warranty:1 Year
- Manufacturer Part Number:LB200A-R4
- Package Contents:Ethernet Extender - Unmanaged
- Product Name:Ethernet Extender - Unmanaged
Have a Question before ordering?
We will gladly answer within 24 hours!