Black Box DB9 Mini Converter (USB to Serial), USB/RS-485 (2-wire, Terminal Block)
- Powered from the USB interface.
- Includes 3-ft. (0.9-m) USB cable.
USB is the connectivity standard for today's PCs, replacing familiar serial ports. However, many commercial and industrial devices still use RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 interfaces. To connect these devices to modern PCs, you need simple and reliable converters.
The Black Box Mini USB-to-Serial Converter offers USB-to-serial conversion in a space saving package. Simply plug the converter into an available USB port on your computer or USB hub and install the drivers supplied on CD ROM. The serial device will show up as an additional COM port in the Windows Device Manager.
RS-485 (two- and four-wire)
- Support TDA, TDB, RDA, RDB, and GND.
- Baud rates up to 921 Kbps.
- Use on RS-485 2-wire or RS-422/485 4-wire networks.
- Support Send Data Control (SDC).
- Full handshake support (TD, RD, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, RI, GND).
- Baud rates up to 460 Kbps.
- Use legacy serial devices with PC and laptop USB ports.
- Add a COM port to your PC or laptop.
- Supports USB 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 (12 Mbps).
- Powered from the USB interface
- RS485 baud rates up to 921 Kbps.