Black Box DB-25/Terminal Block Data Transfer Adapter
- Range of up to 4000 feet (1219.2 m).
- Transparent operation.
- DB25 is configured as DCE.
- No RTS toggle required.
- Powered from RS-232 signals.
- Pass transmit and receive data in each direction.
Tired of trying to figure out how to configure DCE equipment? Our Black Box® Async RS-232 to 2-Wire RS-485 Interface Bidirectional Converter is ready to go right out of the box - no configuration is necessary. In minutes, your data will fly between RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces at speeds up to a zippy 115.2 kbps!
The Async RS-232 to 2-Wire RS-485 Interface Bidirectional Converter provides big-time performance in a small package. It derives its power from RS-232 data and control signals, so no batteries or clunky AC power adapters are required.
Transmit and receive data are passed in each direction. You get async, point-to-point operation for your 2-wire, half-duplex applications. Connector options include DB25 female connectors matched with either an RJ-45 connector or a terminal block with built-in strain relief.
Get the distance you need, too. The Async RS-232 to 2-Wire RS-485 Interface Bidirectional Converter has a range of up to 4000 feet (1219.2 m). Once installed, the converter operates transparently as if there were a standard cable connection. All data signals from the RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces are passed straight through.
- Transmit data up to 115 kbps or at distancesup to 4000-ft.
- Operates in point to point or multipoint applications.
- 2-wire operation half-duplex only.
- Async (data leads) only.
- Up to 32 RS485 devices can be attached to create a large multi-drop network.
- Transmitter is always on or controlled by data or RTS.