Black Box Async RS232-RS422-RS485 Extender Fiber Terminal Block - ST Multimode
Extend RS232, RS422 or RS485 protocols over multi-mode fiber so different types of equipment can talk to one another in point to point or multipoint environments. Serial extenders work well in factory automation, building automation, and process automation where PLC's with RS232, RS422, or RS485 interfaces are used to control devices. The ability to extend the distance to their devices over fiber while also adding protection from electrical interference which can be caused by large motors that are prevalent in these environments is very beneficial.
Use fiber instead of copper to send your RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 data - and do so without having to route it through protocol converters.
Universal Fiber Optic Line Driver Transceivers enables you to transmit and receive the signals over fiber optic cabling in both point-to-point or drop-and-repeat topologies. You can even mix protocols. For instance, you can set one transceiver to interface with an RS-232 device at one end and another to interface with an RS-485 device at the opposite end. There's no need for a converter box at either end of the fiber link!
Universal Fiber Optic Line Driver Transceivers also offer a wide range of speeds and distances - up to 21.75 miles (35 km) with the single-mode version.
- Speeds up to 10 Mbps for RS-422 and RS-485, 200 kbps for RS-232.
- Indicator LEDS monitor signal and power
- End-to-end protocol conversion; no separate box is needed.
- Extended ambient operating range
- Data-derived or RTS transmit/receive switching (RS-485)
- Ideal for fiber applications that use different interface protocols.
- Communicate signals in a point-to-point or ring topology.