Lenovo 5100 5100 PRO 480 GB Solid State Drive - M.2 2280 Internal - SATA (SATA-600)
M.2 is a solid-state drive (SSD) form factor primarily used as an operating system boot solution. Lenovo ThinkSystem servers support M.2 drives with the addition of a supported M.2 adapter.
The M.2 drives install into an M.2 adapter which in turn is installed in a dedicated slot on the system board of the ThinkSystem server. With two M.2 drives configured, the drives are configured by default as a RAID-1 mirrored pair for redundancy.
There are two M.2 adapters supported:
- Single M.2 Adapter, which supports one M.2 drive; available as the ThinkSystem M.2 Enablement Kit
- Dual M.2 Adapter, which supports one or two M.2 drives; available as the ThinkSystem M.2 with Mirroring Enablement Kit
- Tool-less, patented clip design that supports back to back connector layout, providing simple install in limited space.
- Design provides hardware mirroring of two M.2 SSDs
- M.2 SSDs have higher mean time between failures (MTBF) than SD cards or USB keys
- Both mechanically & electronically designed to be more robust than any prior implementation
- Hardened boot media that does not use a drive bay
- Compatibility:ST550 (7X09/7X10)
- Device Supported:Server
- Drive Type:Internal
- Environmental Certification:WEEE
- Environmentally Friendly:Yes
- Form Factor:M.2 2280
- Hard Drives/Solid State Drives
- Lenovo Store
- Manufacturer Part Number:7SD7A05703
- Product Model:5100 PRO
- Product Name:ThinkSystem M.2 5100 480GB SATA 6Gbps Non-Hot-Swap SSD
- Product Series:5100
- SN550 (7X16)
- SN850 (7X15)
- SR630 (7X01/7X02)
- SR650 (7X05/7X06)
- SR850 (7X18/7X19)
- Storage Drives
- Weight (Approximate):0.35 oz
Have a Question before ordering?
We will gladly answer within 24 hours!