ATEN KN1000A Single Port KVM over IP Switch-TAA Compliant
ATEN's new KN1000A Single Port KVM over IP Switch provides access and control "over-IP" for conventional KVM switches and servers that do not have built-in over-IP functionality. It allows system operators to monitor and access computers from remote locations for "down to the BIOS-level" troubleshooting, using standard Web browsers or Windows and Java based application programs, without the need to be on site for constant IT maintenance. In addition, the KN1000A supports out-of-band access in case the LAN goes down, with external modem support as backup.
To help you manage and control widely distributed servers efficiently from a remote console, a built-in single-port power switch provides remote power management of a server connected locally, allowing you to turn a server On or Off, and reboot it. In addition, you can add an ATEN PDU unit to manage the power status of even more devices. The KN1000A also provides serial console management over the Internet which can remotely control serial console devices such as network switches.
The KN1000A makes it easy to work on many tasks simultaneously, featuring a unique LUC (Laptop USB Console) port for quick KVM access via a laptop, user-friendly OSD, virtual media functionality without additional cables, and video resolutions up to 1920 x 1200.
The KN1000A's Virtual Media function allows you to perform file transfers, system diagnostic testing, software patches and application installations, all from the remote console. There is no need to physically mount an optical drive directly at the server to perform data related tasks. Now you can conveniently troubleshoot and resolve OS and BIOS-level problems from any remote location.
Both Windows GUI Client and Java Client Applet are available from a browser based and Windows application program to provide easy and flexible remote access. Each application provides a unique way to login and access the remote server from anywhere over a network. The inclusion of a Java-based client ensures that the KN1000A platform is independent and able to work with most operating systems.
With these advanced features, the KN1000A is the fastest, most reliable and cost effective solution to remotely access and manage widely distributed multi-server installations, such as for kiosks and automated banking machines.
- Provides over-IP capability to servers or KVM switches that do not have built-in over-IP functionality
- Built in single port Power Switch
- Supports PS/2, USB, Sun Legacy (13W3) and serial (RS-232) connectivity
- Local console provides PS/2 and USB keyboard and mouse support
- Supports multiplatform server environments: Windows, Mac, Sun, Linux and VT100 based serial devices
- Virtual Media Support
- High video resolution - up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz with 24 bit color depth for the local console; up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz with 24 bit color depth for remote sessions
- Up to 64 user accounts - up to 32 users simultaneously share the control
- End session feature - administrators can terminate running sessions
- Event logging and Windows-based Log Server support