Black Box LES1500 Device Server
- Monitor and control virtually everything, including the physical environment.
- Server provides audit trail logging to emedded 4-GB local storage or a remote log server.
- Features, simple, straight-through cable to Cisco-style serial consoles.
- Get automated responses to reduce time-consuming on-site visits.
- Includes USB 2.0 ports for managed device OS file transfers.
- Customizable firewall security with IP filtering and per-port access list.
- Offers extensive monitoring, alert, and power event-notification features.
- Gives you the ability to isolate devices from other equipment.
- Provides unified power management of PDU and UPS equipment.
- Embedded Linux® operating system.
- To manage large numbers of console servers over a wide geographic area, even globally, use Virtual Central Management System Software (LES-VCMS-10-1Y, etc.).
The solution is the Secure Serial Server with Cisco pinout. This highly reliable and feature-rich console server simplifies out-of-band management of your network, server, and power infrastructure in data centers and remote sites.
Use it for easy and affordable out-of-band access to routers, switches, PDUs, firewalls, and other serial consoles. The server gives you visibility and control of your network and its physical environment for reliable 24/7 uptime. It provides serial console-port connectivity and supports environmental monitoring, power management, and monitoring, plus remote site storage of off-line logs.
The console server features everything you need to make remote management and fault recovery easy and affordable: an intuitive status monitoring dashboard, pro-active alerting, vendor-neutral power management, and simple secure access to devices. You'll be able to maximize uptime while reducing the hassle and expense of truck rolls and remote site visits.
Who can benefit from the Secure Serial Server?
- Business with remote offices.
- Organizations with limited IT staffing and budgets.
- Colocation tenants in data centers.
- Cloud and hosting providers; ISPs.
- Research and lab environments.
- Government, education, and healthcare organizations.
Smart out-of-band management
The Secure Serial Server gives you features that go far beyond traditional out-of-band management devices. Use it to pro-actively detect faults before they become failures. You can monitor and log system's health and physical environmental conditions, such as temperature, humidity, motion, etc. You can also use the server to monitor and control UPSs and PDUs for disruptions, surges, and power cycling. The intuitive build-in dashboard gives your an overall status-at-a-glance.
Dual ports for built-in redundancy.
In addition to the traditional RS-232 serial console port connections, the console server supports direct USB 2.0 connections to one or two Cisco USB console ports (just use its embedded AJAX terminal for accessing the connected serial devices). The dual USB ports enable you to attach peripherals, such as storage and USB consoles.
Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports facilitate connections to primary and secondary networks. The server detects any communications failure on the primary port and switches to the second RJ-45 connection automatically. You can remotely cycle power and reboot computers, even when their operating system is unresponsive
- Get highly affordable, secure, remote network management of up to 48 devices.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-failover provide built-in redundancy.
- Ideal for business with remote branches and limited IT staff, as well as co-location data centers.